Free From Pain™ – Therapeutic Neuroscience Education and Exercise programme
A therapeutic neuroscience education and exercise programme to improve health, increase mobility and provide vitality for older adults.
- Are you over 60?
- Do you struggle with arthritic or general muscle aches or pains?
- Would you like to improve your health?
If you have said yes to these questions, then this programme could be for you!
Free From Pain is a Therapeutic Neuroscience Education and Exercise programme to help decrease musculoskeletal pain and improve mobility in older adults with arthritis in the hips, knees, neck and lower back.
This programme is also suitable for patients who are on the waiting list for joint replacement surgery (Prehab).
Participation may potentially help them to come off the waiting list and avoid surgery.
Patients who are not fit for surgery or those who prefer not to undergo surgical intervention can also benefit from engaging in the programme.
What is included in the programme
- Initial One-to-one Consultation with Dr George Ampat, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
- Book 1 – Free From Pain – Exercise Book ISBN – 978-0995676947 Contains 12 inspirations, 12 Metaphors and illustrated descriptions of three evidence-based exercise programmes.
- Book 2 – Free From Pain – Principles of Lifestyle Medicine to help with musculoskeletal pain and arthritis ISBN – 978-0995676954 Contains lifestyle changes one can adopt to improve health. The main principles are based on the evidence from the “Blue Zones” of the world, where people are healthier and live longer on average.
- Ankle weights & Resistance bands
- 12 group consultations led by Dr. George Ampat. Each session comprises of a short talk, discussion, Q&A and exercises. Please note that during Group Consultations, both you and others who are part of the group will be sharing medical information. You should only share what you want to share. There is no obligation to share personal information that you do not want to share. However, all of us will respect each other and be bound by group confidentiality. The exercises include:
- Otago exercises Muscle strengthening and balance-retraining exercises.
- Motor Control Exercises for the lower back.
- Isometric exercises for the neck
- Independent exercise at home Between classes, you will also be asked to exercise independently at home. We suggest that you exercise 5 times each week.
- Final One-to-one Consultation with Dr George Ampat.
Where is the programme conducted?
The one-to-one consultations and the group consultations will be at our clinic in Southport at:
- Pall Mall Medical, Liverpool
- Bloomsbury Osteopathic Clinic, London.
The exercises are designed to be doable at the clinic and at home with minimal equipment. Equipment, including ankle weights and exercise/resistance bands, will be provided as part of the programme. When exercising at home, you will only need to ensure you have a chair/table for support.
Breakdown of pricing
|Initial one-to-one consultation
|2 Books + Ankle weights + Resistance bands for exercise
|12 group consultations £50 x 12
|Final one-to-one consultation
You can pay as you go along, or you can pay in advance. If you pay in advance, the price is discounted to £750
You can fund the programme privately, or you can obtain funding from your insurance company or the NHS Integrated Care Board.
Unfortunately, we are not able to liaise directly with the insurance Company or the NHS Integrated Care Board to obtain funding. However, we are prepared to give them any information about the programme.
How do we make sure that we are doing our best?
We always strive for excellence, and as a result, we would like to monitor your progress over the course of the programme.
We will ask you to fill out some standard questionnaires throughout the programme. In order for us to collect, store, and perform analysis on the information you give us, we will ask for your full permission before going ahead with the programme.
You can be rest assured that all data will be handled sensitively, and your identity will be always protected.
What do I do now?
We would love to have you involved! If you would like to book yourself onto the programme or even chat with us for further information, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 01704 579337.